Information for parents and carers about remote education
Government guidance since the beginning of April 2022 has been that the priority should always be for schools to deliver high-quality face-to-face education to all pupils. Remote education should only ever be considered as a short-term measure and used as a last resort where in person attendance is not possible. This might include:
- occasions when it is not possible for our setting to open safely, or that opening would contradict guidance from local or central government
- occasions when individual pupils, for a limited duration, are unable to physically attend their school but are able to continue learning, for example pupils with an infectious illness
In these circumstances, we will ensure that we provide a quality remote education as soon as reasonably practicable - in proportion to the length of absence and disruption to learning.
What does our remote learning curriculum look like?
Should it be needed, we will provide students with a combination of onsite lessons and remote education. Every student will have a weekly timetable which will give them details about start and finish times, lesson lengths, and what type of lesson it is (for example - live or recorded).
We will ensure that if they are at home and accessing remote provision, students have daily contact with a member of staff via a support phone call and where relevant, a live lesson.
When learning from home, students will be using Microsoft Teams.
Please have a look at National Online Safety guidance.
Our remote learning programme aims to be:
- teacher led and skills based
- provides high-quality feedback and assessment
- delivers a broad and balanced curriculum
- provides clear objectives that have taken the challenges of remote learning into account.
Should your child need remote lessons, your child’s tutor will be in regular contact with you to make sure they have their timetable and to help with any questions or concerns they may have.
Guidelines for staff, pupils, parents and carers for live lessons delivered remotely.
Support for families
Support for you and your family whenever you need it.
We want everyone in our academy community to feel safe, respected and able to talk about any concerns they may have.
Health and wellbeing
Feeling good about yourself can affect the way you think and feel. It can give you the confidence to help you achieve what you want in life.