Pupil Premium Funding
Pupil Premium funding is allocated by the government to schools for children who are eligible for free school meals (FSM). We also receive funding for children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months, and children of service personnel. We receive this funding to support eligible students and narrow the attainment gap between them and their peers. Pupil Premium funding is received in addition to the school’s delegated budget and is to be used to:
- raise attainment
- promote social skills
- increase confidence and develop independent learning and positive behaviour
- working towards increased pupil progress for those pupils.
Please refer to our 2018 to 2019 pupil premium strategy.
You can also download our last pupil premium impact report.
We receive PE and Sports Premium which must be used to increase the quality & breadth of PE & Sport provision, and increase participation in PE & Sport. Please download our PE Sports Premium Grant 2017- 2018 statement explaining what funding we received and how this was spent. (KS2 note: 100% of our Year 6 cohort in 2017-2018 were able to swim competently for more than 25m and are able to use a variety of strokes.)
We also receive Year 7 Catch Up Funding. This literacy and numeracy catch-up premium is given to all state-funded schools, including special schools and alternative provision settings, as additional funding to support year 7 pupils who did not achieve the Department for Education expected standard in reading or maths at the end of key stage 2. Please download our Year 7 Catch Up funding statement for 2017 – 2018 which details how much we received and how this was spent.
We are held accountable for the use of Pupil Premium through:
- performance tables which show the performance of disadvantaged pupils compared with their peers
- the Ofsted inspection framework, under which inspectors focus on the attainment of pupil groups, and in particular those who attract the Pupil Premium
- the report for parents that schools have to publish online.