Our whole academy approach to remote education
Here at Olive AP Academy – Suffolk we will continue to provide a broad, ambitious curriculum which encourages pupils to recognise their personal learning journey and empowers our young people through the delivery of the knowledge and skills that they need to succeed in their next destination and beyond.
Please click here for detailed information on our remote education provision for pupils and parents, including how long pupils are expected to spend on daily work set by the school and what to do if there are problems faced in accessing digital learning. In the first instance please talk to your child’s coach or learning support assistant about any concerns you have.
What does our remote learning curriculum look like?
All pupils have access to two days a week live online lessons and three days based at the academy. All taught content is uploaded to Classroom Dojo and can be submitted remotely. Click here for National Online Safety guidance.
Teachers have been working hard throughout the year to develop a comprehensive approach to remote learning. Olive AP Academy – Suffolk’s remote lessons:
- are teacher led and skills based
- provide high-quality feedback and assessment
- deliver a broad and balanced curriculum
- provide clear objectives that have taken the challenges of remote learning into account.
Our remote education policy and guidelines
Parent survey – have your say!
We are always striving to improve our offer to support parents with the delivery of remote learning. In relation to remote learning we need to know:
- can you access our online learning platforms?
- how can we continue to support you with remote learning?
- do you feel supported by our remote learning offer?
- would you like to attend an online parents evening?
- any further comments or suggestions.