Our academy aims to ensure that:
– learning is dynamic, engaging and purposeful
– each learner achieves success and is provided with positive experiences
– learners access a broad, relevant and personalised curriculum to suit their own needs
– learners fully access the curriculum irrespective of gender, ethnicity, belief, social or cultural background, academic ability, specialised need or disability.
The curriculum consists of all activities planned by the academy to promote the intellectual, social, moral, spiritual, cultural and physical development of our students. Our curriculum is devised and reviewed with reference to national curriculum guidelines.
All our KS4 students follow the core offer:
- GCSE English Language (AQA) / Step up into English Gold, Silver or Bronze
- GCSE Mathematics (AQA) / Functional Skills/ELC Maths
- GCSE Biology / ELC Biology
- Physical Activity
- ICT (Functional Skills)
Students then have the opportunity to student two option subjects from the follow list:
- Health and Social Care/Childcare (V Cert)
- GCSE Art/Arts Award
- GCSE PE/Health and Fitness V Cert
- Princes’ Trust
- GCSE Business Studies
AQA Single Awards – if a student has a specific interest in a subject outside of this offer we aim to provide resources to be able to study this
The KS4 offer also allows students to complete weekly work experience (up to 1 day per week) and college courses at West Suffolk College (Hospitality and Catering, Motor Mechanics, Construction or Hair and Beauty).
*KS3 students take part in Green Light Trust one day a week where they access a range of outdoor learning activities and team building.
As part of our careers programme, we ensure that pupils in years 8-11 find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities. Pupils will have the opportunity to hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer – through options evenings, assemblies, group discussions and taster events. Our pupils are also shown how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses available to them.
If you would like any further details about the curriculum offered at Olive AP Academy – Suffolk (Central), please email the academy office: firstname.lastname@example.org