Inspiring, active purposeful learning. We offer a broad and ambitious curriculum delivered using project-based learning.
The curriculum we offer at our academy gives our pupils:
- real-world learning experiences
- access to outstanding teaching
- rigorous and high-quality critique and feedback on their work
- the opportunity to develop dynamic leadership skills
- a culture of respect.
We encourage pupils to recognise their personal learning journey and take pride in their achievements. We want them:
- to enjoy learning, achieve exceptionally well and take confident steps on the next part of their learning and life journey
- to learn character and resilience to equip them for the world in which they live
- to contribute to their communities and become confident citizens
We work in partnership with parents and carers to ensure that we create a tailored package of support to best meet the needs of each child and young person at our academy.
Olive Academies supports children and young people for whom traditional teaching methods have not worked.
All our students take part in outdoor education programmes. They also have the opportunity to gain work experience. Our curriculum is delivered through project-based learning, linked to three learning areas which we refer to as 'pathways':
- Language, Communications and the Arts
- STEM and Vocational
- Society, Culture, Outdoor and Service Learning
Students work towards qualifications during their time at our academy - including GCSEs, NVQs, Arts Award and more. For more information about our curriculum please contact Ellen Watson, Deputy Headteacher via the school office.
All our Year 11 students are provided with support to secure places in further education, colleges or apprenticeships. Find out more about the careers advice and support we offer young people.
Relationship and Sex Education (RSE)
In line with government guidance, our academy provides all pupils with RSE. Details of the curriculum and information for parents are included in our RSE policy. Parents have the right to request that their child be withdrawn from some or all of the sex education delivered as part of the statutory RSE curriculum.
Careers and advice
How we prepare our students for successful transition from our academy to further study, college, apprenticeships and work.
Support for families
Support for you and your family whenever you need it.
The Olive Academies family
A pioneering network of alternative provision schools across London and the East of England.